Our Sales Representative is responsible for promoting and maintaining awareness of our brands, as well as promotion and sales in an assigned territory. This person will work closely with our distributors, as well as the rest of the Brothers Craft Brewing team, to grow sales volume, manage existing accounts, open new accounts, set up and execute events and promotions. The person in this position will report directly to Brothers Craft Brewing’s sales manager.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for craft and excellent customer service skills, while being independently driven, outgoing, competitive, organized, hardworking, goal oriented and persistent. We are seeking applicants with experience in sales, account management, a strong working knowledge of the brewing process and a sound understanding of craft beer culture.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Visit all assigned accounts and meet all scheduled appointments
- Maintain a regular schedule of appointments with accounts in assigned area
- Proactively pursue new accounts
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships
- Become thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker
- Maintain expert knowledge of beer, the brewing process, beer history and current industry trends
- Maintain familiarity with ABC laws and practices for assigned territory
- Execute monthly goals as related to business activities
- Increase market share and same store sales of our beers
- Conduct beer tasting and account staff education with key accounts
- Coordinate ride-with and team sells
- Organize, plan and staff promotions and events in accounts on a regular basis
- Oversee special events in assigned territory. This includes seeking participation in appropriate special events, registration, logistical coordination between the distributor and the event staff and attendance and representation on behalf of the brewery.
- Merchandise and execute effective floor displays in order to increase sales volume
- Other duties as assigned
- This position will cover the Richmond and Tidewater regions.
To be eligible for this position you must meet the requirements below:
- A minimum of one year in sales or related industry experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Candidate must have access to a registered vehicle for each day
- Clean driving record, valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance is required
- Ability to multi-task and work in an organized fashion
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Familiarity with the brewing, distribution and retail side of the beer industry is desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be competent in basic computer applications
- Must be willing and able to assist with out-of-market promotions and festivals as needed
- Ability to lift and move 35 lb. cases of beer frequently, and move and place 165 lb. kegs as needed
This full time position will offer competitive compensation based on experience with bonus potential, and benefits will include paid vacation, employer matched 401(k), and a vehicle allowance.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org